When I first saw the Kangaroo it looked cute.Before I started my stint with wild life I thought that Kangaroos are only of one kind. But later came to know many unknown facts about them.
I would like to share some of the really interesting unknown facts about Kangaroos:
- The hind legs move together. They can use the hind legs separately only while swimming.
- Kangaroos do not have sweat glands. They use their saliva to cool down.
- They do not have breeding season. They are like us they can breed anytime.
- There are 60 different species of Kangaroos. Kangaroos of 60 different kinds.
- The famous pouch on the female kangaroos’ belly is actually a second womb.
- Baby kangaroos are born only after 35 days of gestation.
- Kangaroos are found outside Australia. Some species are native to Papua New Guinea.
- Kangaroos have stomach which is chambered just like cows.
- Kangaroos outnumber humans in Australia.
- Kangaroos are very social and live in groups. A group is known as “mob”.
- Female Kangaroo can determine the gender of their offspring before birth.
- They are only eaten by us humans and dingoes.
- They stand up to six feet tall, and are tallest Marsupials.
- Kangaroos are very good swimmers.
- While running they can notch up speed of 60 km/hr.
- The biggest weighs 90 kg and the smallest 500 gm.